Fans of The Legend of Prince Valiant & Robin Hood!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Donovan

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Here another question from me,

In every single episode of the series one wise lesson is tought, often combined with a theatrical line from merlin or arthur,
I ask you all to write down whatever message you like best from the series,
I personaly hope you like all of them, for i would love to have them all quoted here:)

As a nice quote to use in the occasion of this brand new forum:
"Sometimes it is in the winds of change that we hear life's sweetest melodies"

From the episode "the flute"offcourse.

My most sincere greetings,

Donovan Rex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyLindseyofTheLake

Female Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:50 pm

Don Rex, that is my beloved quote. For the first time ever, someone beat me to posting it! lol (Indecently, it's from episode "The Jubilee") Wink

How about....

"Welcome to Camelot, young Prince Valiant... I think you will find it, a most extraordinary adventure." ~ Merlin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SullyOfThe7Seas

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Not to be picky, but I think the first quote was in fact not from The Flute but the correct episode was The Jubilee. Just wanted to clarify. Very Happy Yes, the series was very quotable on many levels. When I can get to my DVDs, I'll try to write down some of the more memorable ones and post them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirVancelot

Male Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:01 pm

You know, it would have made sense in light of wording for the wings of change one to be in The Flute. I don't believe Merlin was in that episode though, so I suppose it wouldn't have worked. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShieldMaiden

Female Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 pm

"If it's inspiration they want... far be it from me to disappoint them."

Rowanne when she starts the archery contest/ "The Secret of Perilous Grade"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LastKnight

Male Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Opening lines of the series
Merlin (in voice-over):
"Man's fate – what a strange riddle it is. How few clues there are with which to explain the random ways which men seem to begin and end, to live and love, to succeed and fail. (chuckles) Each individual destiny invisibly interweaving with the next, fashioning the beautiful and terrifying tapestries of our lives, shaping our passions and our destinies. Extracting of strange and unexpected prices, demanding that in order for one man to flourish, another must perish…"

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaliburnRider

Male Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 am

Merlin: Tell me, where do the king, his nobles, and his knights all rest?
Valiant: Upon the people.
Merlin: Yes Valiant, upon the people. And should a kingdom every lose the support of its people, it will fall, as surely as a castle built upon a weak foundation. Never forget the strength of a people united is greater than the power of any evil.

^^^ Cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovan

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:44 am

my excuses for stating the quote from the wrong episode, in my dvd collection it is on the same disk, though this quote is what i remembered best.
Furthermore my episodes are in my native language, which is dutch.
So if i quote, i have to translate the words into english first, so there can be some inconsistensies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eilythia

Female Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:47 am

Well, I´ll watch the episode again later to get the quote right, but I was always impressed by that scene in "The Blackest Poison" when it seems that Arthur is dying and his only concern is for the realization of the peace treaty.

Peace for everyone as the ultimate ideal of Camelot Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:29 pm

i totally second that Eilythia Very Happy

@Donovan, hey man you're doing amazing. I never can figure how people can communicate so well when English isn't their first tongue. It's my first language and I struggle. lol

Quote wise, i'm bound to misquote, as i usually forget a word or two. One of my fav quotations is in "The Trust Betrayed", where Merlin shows Valiant the vision of Mordred being a traitor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovan

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:03 am

well thank you neon knight.

Eilythia, i have seen that episode, but it is vaguely in my memory for i have not got that one on dvd:(
Here in the netherlands we can only purchuse the prince valiant dvd collection of selected series, in total 24 episodes, not near the complete amount of episodes made or broadcasted.
So i still have to find the rest of the series somewhere, a noble quest in which i have yet to succeed.

I do love the ideal of peace for everyone, especially becouse that is more important to arthur than his own life.
He is THE noblest person(fictive) whom i know of, after him valiant(and merlin is probably as noble as arthur)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SavageDamsel

Female Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:54 am

Foreign subtitles would have been great on the U.S. DVD release, from BCI, I think it was a feature all fans were hoping for. Still Donovan, is there any way you could buy the U.S. DVDs? They have all 65 episodes in two volumes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eilythia

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Hey Donovan,
I had the same problem! (I´m from Germany, and we didn´t even get some of the episodes on dvd Sad)
You could install a paypal acoount (I was surprised at the easy handeling) and then buy the dvd on ebay. At least I hope somebody is still selling them there...
A small problem is the regional code because the dvds don´t work in our players; so the discs can only be watched on the computer.
Hope that helps a bit!

What we really need are all the episodes on youtube Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovan

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:25 pm

All the episodes on youtube, now that would be something:)

I can buy them from amazon.com, though the regional code indeed is a problem.
and shipment is somewhat expensive.
Though i will buy those two series, and watch them on the computer or on a hacked dvd player(code free:)
But still, on youtube would be blissfully handy:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirVancelot

Male Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:04 am

Just to keep this topic alive and on subject.........

Arthur: "But know Valiant that stubborn pride cuts like a sword deep into the hearts of those who harbor it. It leaves them small and bitter. The heart of a truly noble man has room within it to hold, along with courage and honor, the gift of forgiveness."

Episode: The Gift

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SullyOfThe7Seas

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:15 am

Great quote Vance! The series was so quotable on so many levels. That is one of the main reasons I love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovan

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:26 am

A truely fine quote sir Vancelot.
Perhaps you know more of them?

"Peace on earth, there are people who concieve this to be only a dream.
If this is true, then let us all become dreamers."

episode : peace on earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eilythia

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:59 pm

I´m sorry it took me some time to post the quote, I just started working in my new job and am exhausted all the time Rolling Eyes
But here it finally is, from "The Blackest Poison":

"[...] you must continue our work here. We must have peace. No matter what happens to me, Camelot and Velquen must become friends."

Vance and Donovan, great findings Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JordanSkywalker
Admin

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 pm

Great exchange from The Journey (the episode where Valiant first meets Arn in the swamp):

Arn: "There is the beginnings of a good friendship between us. Can you not now tell me the truth?"
Valiant: "What truth is it that you seek?"
Arn: "The truth of your beginnings. Of the place it is you call your home."
Valiant: "It was taken from me, by a black-hearted king named Cynin. He stole my father's kingdom, and he drove my family across the seas. He doomed us to a life of misery in a stinking marsh. (angry) And someday I shall return. I shall have my revenge for what was done to my father, and for every tear my mother has been forced to shed!"

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:17 pm

From one of my all time fav episodes...

Merlin: "I have shown you nothing. You have simply looked upon the truth . . . and there are times that that can be a terrible and frightening thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Ideals Of Camelot: LOPV Quote Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends Live Forever  :: Legends Live Forever :: The Legend of Prince Valiant-
Jump to: